Afterpay Payments - Shop Now & Pay Later @ Lavinia
Buy Now, Pay Later with Afterpay
We've partnered with Afterpay to bring you a new, convenient payment method that allows you to split the cost of your purchase. With Afterpay, you can buy your items now, and pay for them later with four easy payments, due every two weeks.
There is no setup fee or extra costs as long as you pay on time.
Main benefits of Afterpay
BUY NOW. PAY LATER.
Pay for your shopping bag in four equal payments in six weeks.
NOTHING EXTRA TO PAY.
Make payments on time and only pay the price of your purchase (no interest, ever).
No long, time-consuming application forms. Afterpay makes it quick and easy to checkout.
Frequently asked questions about Afterpay
💭 How do I use Afterpay?
The process is quite simple and similar to your usual shopping experience online:
- Browse the store that supports Afterpay (like ours 😉).
- Add all of your favorite items to the shopping cart.
- Select Afterpay as the preferred payment method at the checkout.
- Log into or create your Afterpay account for an instant approval decision.*
- If successful, your purchase will be split into 4 equal payments, payable every 2 weeks. Hooray!
*You may not need to set up an Afterpay account for your first purchase - it will be created automatically after your first order is confirmed.
💭 Who can use Afterpay?
There are no hard credit checks when you're setting up your account. However, please remember to shop responsibly and only spend what you can afford.
Afterpay is offered by US online retailers to shoppers who:
- Are a resident in one of the 50 states (Afterpay is not available in US Territories);
- Are at least 18 years old;
- Are capable of entering into a legally binding contract;
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and mobile number;
- Can provide a valid delivery address in the United States;
- Be authorized to use the US-issued credit or debit card or AMEX to make the purchase.
💭 How does the payment schedule work?
Afterpay allows retailers to offer installment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four installments, due every two weeks.
In practice, this means that the total of your order can be split into four equal payments, spread across six weeks. Let's say your shopping basket is worth $100 and you choose Afterpay:
- Your first payment is on the day of purchase and it's $25.
- Your next payment is two weeks from that and it's $25
- Your next payment is two weeks from that and it's $25.
- Your final payment is two weeks from that and it's $25.
- = $100 is paid in four payments, spread across six weeks.
💭 Is there a cost to using Afterpay?
We took this directly from their support article:
Afterpay is a free service offered by retailers to shoppers - there are no upfront fees charged or any interest incurred.
The only fees that may be incurred by shoppers are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed and, after being notified, you do not log in to your Afterpay account to make your payment via a different method.
Late fees for shoppers in the USA are capped at 25% of the order value.
💭 When will my items be delivered if I use Afterpay?
Since Afterpay automatically checks and approves requests, there is no delay in shipping time due to choosing this payment method. You'll know right away if you're accepted and you'll receive your items in the same amount of time as you would when choosing a different payment method.
💭 Is there a limit to how much I can spend on a single transaction?
You need to spend between $35 to $1000 to qualify for Afterpay, however, your first approved payment should be in the lower range. The more successful repayments you make and the longer you use Afterpay, the higher your individual the higher your
💭 How do I return or exchange an item purchased using Afterpay?
If you'd like to exchange or return an item, you'll simply need to follow our usual returns and exchange process. Once we receive the item, we'll either refund you partially or in full or exchange the item you'd prefer better. Afterpay will get notified of the changes and adjust your payment schedule accordingly.
If it's a full refund, you'll receive a refund to your debit or credit card. And if it's a partial refund or exchange, the system will check how much money has been already paid and your payment schedule will be adjusted accordingly.
For more information on refunds, check out Afterpay's guide on How Do Refunds and Returns Work at Afterpay?
💭 Where can I find out more about Afterpay?
Afterpay has a wealth of useful resources on its support portal. If you have any questions that we didn't cover, it's wise to check with them.
If you run into an issue or have any questions about ordering lingerie on our store, get in touch and we'll help you.